Salary 43,026.00 Annually
Location 201 West Market Street West Chester Pa
Job Type Full Time, Exempt Remote Hybrid eligible after 6 mos probation Weekly Hours 35
The Enforcement Officer is responsible for ensuring the enforcement, collection and monitoring of court-ordered child and spousal support.
This position may be eligible for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness; remote hybrid option once probationary period is successfully completed
- Ensure that payments are received and all provisions are followed in compliance with the court order as well as with state and federal law.
- Address questions and concerns regarding child and spousal support cases through phone calls, mail and walk-in service.
- Monitor performance of caseload collections and determine next steps to initiate payments from clients
- Capable of timely follow up on events
- Respectful and positive motivation of clients and the ability to explain court interactions to clients
- Review and execute attachments to garnish wages, unemployment compensation, worker’s compensation and social security benefits.
- Utilize sources such as the United States Postal Service to acquire information on clients including addresses, employers and social security numbers.
- Perform case management duties (review cases for payments, take appropriate enforcement action, modifications of support, filing pro se petitions, closure and suspension of cases).
- Maintain compliance of all enforcement action with state and federal regulations by answering mail alerts that bring non-compliance or possible problem cases to the officer’s attention.
- Negotiate and mediate with all parties to resolve any issues that may exist.
- Use all appropriate enforcement techniques within state and federal regulations.
- Review specific delinquent cases to determine if techniques should be used (seizure of assets, judgements, liens, IRS and State tax refund intercepts, driver’s license suspension and credit bureau reporting).
- Take appropriate action to bring the non-compliance to the obligor’s attention in an effort to resolve outstanding issues.
- Ensure that medical coverage is provided in accordance with the support order and that changes in coverage are reported.
- Provide coverage for team members as necessary.
- Review cases in which the obligor has been found in contempt and has been placed on probation, (review monthly for compliance; if non-compliant, may request that a bench warrant be issued).
- Contact other states or countries if party does not reside in Pennsylvania.
- Audit support cases when payment records or orders are challenged by either party.
- Assist at special hearings in the Court of Common Pleas.
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects, as required.
Qualifications/Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related field; or 4 years court-related experience
- Six months to one year of job-related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of Federal Code of Regulations.
- Working knowledge of Pennsylvania rules of civil procedure and the ability to remain up to date on all changes.
- Working knowledge of state regulations in regard to child support.
- Ability to interface effectively with county management, user agencies and general public.
- General understanding of Financial calculations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service experience
- Intermediate skill to use a personal computer and various software packages.
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and coordinate resolutions to critical situations, under all conditions.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to adequately assist unfamiliar clients for unavailable officers.
- Ability to show patience toward clients and other staff.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in case management or interaction with the public
- Strong professional ethics.
- Advanced interpersonal skills including de-escalation, mediation and interviewing
- Ability to follow office protocols.
- Able to use common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to establish priorities (remain focused on daily operations).
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Able to carry tasks to completion.
- General knowledge and understanding of County of Chester policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Intermediate Word skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Intermediate Access skills
- Basic OutLook skills (email)
- Basic Internet Explorer skills
- Skill and knowledge with PACSES (automated & in-depth statewide case management software system)
- Skill and knowledge adobe acrobat, imaging systems
- Skill and knowledge with instant messaging
County of Chester
313 W Market St
West Chester, Pennsylvania, 19380