- Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)
- Off Campus – Other
- Full time
- Posted 5 Days Ago
- job requisition id
CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click “Apply” and complete the application process for external applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
If you’re the type of person motivated by building relationships, enriching the lives of learners and making a difference in your community and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, this job is for you. Penn State Outreach is seeking an Instructor within the Pennsylvania Child Support Enforcement Training Institute (PACSETI). PACSETI is a collaborative partnership between Penn State Justice and Safety Institute, the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Bureau of Child Support Enforcement and the Domestic Relations Association of Pennsylvania. Join a team of fun and dedicated faculty and staff who are providing the knowledge and skills needed to strengthen Pennsylvania’s Title IV-D Program and positively impact the lives of children!
- Developing and maintaining training programs for a designated learning path within the PACSETI curriculum.
- Maintaining and enhancing the Child Support Program Manual (CSPM), the official compilation of the Title IV-D Program policy for the Commonwealth and Case Law Summaries.
- Delivering training both virtually with Microsoft Teams and in person.
- Supporting an assigned number of Domestic Relation Sections (DRS) with their training needs.
Characteristics of the ideal PACSETI Instructor:
- Driven – They seek to continuously maintain and enhance their knowledge to develop and maintain curriculum. They are highly organized and can achieve thoroughness and accuracy when completing a task. They are excited by sharing their knowledge and helping child support workers reach their maximum potential.
- Collaborative – They seek to be collaborative by listening, respecting and valuing the input from colleagues, stakeholders and our sponsor. Instructors respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse and foster a diverse and inclusive community with their colleagues and learners. They are capable of working within a distributed team environment and meeting deadlines.
- Resourceful – They proactively identify and overcome challenges through individual efforts and teamwork. Instructors are intellectually curious and soak up the support of those they work with.
- Excellent communicator – They strive to be clear, candid, respectful and forthright. Instructors can “read a room” to know when learners are challenged and change their style to meet their learners’ needs. Ability to develop online training materials in a manner that the learners can easily comprehend. Instructors must write in AP Style, Federal Plain Language and follow a program-specific style guide.
PACSETI Instructor Requirements:
- This position may be located at University Park or remotely within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. For remote locations, the preference is within the western portion of the Commonwealth, although all applicants will be considered.
- Ability to perform routine travel to assigned DRSs and training locations within the assigned region (West, Central, East) or across the Commonwealth, as needed.
- A master’s degree or its equivalent or be an active candidate for a terminal degree in an academic field related to criminal justice, human development and family studies, administration of justice, adult/higher education, business, public administration, or law.
- Prior training experience, specifically with adult learners.
PACSETI Instructors will receive the following:
- Professional development to enhance their instructional expertise with adult learners and Pennsylvania’s Title IV-D Program.
- Shadowing other skilled instructors in developing and delivering training to enhance their comfort level and ability to perform job functions.
- On-going support from their supervisor. Monthly one-on-one meetings to provide coaching and support.
This is a full-time, limited-term, 48-week non-tenure-line teaching faculty appointment funded for one year from the hire date with an excellent possibility of re-funding. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
We seek candidates who can demonstrate experience and ability to advance Outreach’s diversity initiative.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
University Park, PA