NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: Domestic Relations Officer
LOCATION: Westmoreland County Domestic Relations Office
PAY RATE: Starting Salary is $34,768.38/year
JOB DUTIES: See Attached
Domestic Relations has an opening for a Domestic Relations Officer. Any interested candidates should submit their interest in writing to the Director, Timothy Cawoski, no later than Friday, October 27, at 4:00pm. Interested candidates must complete the Westmoreland County Application which is online at www.co.westmoreland.pa.us along with either a resume or letter of interest. Completed applications are to be mailed to:
Director, Domestic Relations
2 North Main Street
Greensburg Pa 15601
Or email to: DenaDistefano@PACSES.com
POSITION TITLE: Domestic Relations Officer DEPARTMENT: Domestic Relations
DATE: March 16, 2005 REPORTS TO: Lead Domestic
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to enforce child support orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Promptly and professionally react to client inquiries via phone, fax, email or letter.
- Effectively utilize the PACSES automated system to determine and track actionable cases by daily processing of PACSES mail alerts and reports.
- Determine and impose, without prior court approval or order, enforcement measures to attach income sources for delinquent obligors, including income withholding from numerous sources including, but not limited to, wages, pensions, unemployment compensation, workers’ compensation, payments under contract, social security benefits, lottery winnings, and income tax refunds.
- Issue subpoenas against employers to require production of information regarding employment, compensation, and benefits of any employee or individual under contract.
- Access marriage, birth, and divorce records; state and local tax and revenue records; real and titled property records; occupational and professional license records; records of ownership and control of corporations, partnerships and other business entities; employment security records; public assistance records; motor vehicle registration and operator licensing records; probation and parole records; and corrections records.
- Issue subpoenas for records of public utilities and cable television companies with respect to determining addresses and employers of obligors and obligees.
- Issue subpoenas for records of financial institutions.
- Subject to judicial review, freeze and seize assets of delinquent obligors in banks and other financial institutions.
- Subject to judicial review, direct the sheriff to levy and sell real or personal property to satisfy support arrears.
- Prohibit the issuance or renewal, or require the suspension, of an individual’s driver’s license, commercial driver’s license, occupational license, professional license, or recreational license.
- Prohibit the issuance or renewal of an individual’s passport.
- Determine compliance, and initiate the reinstatement of a suspended or revoked license or passport.
- Determine applicability, and initiate the filing of contempt of court action against delinquent obligors.
- Prepare dockets for cases being heard in court.
- Compose and enter various administrative orders for the court.
- Determine applicability, and initiate the filing of contempt of court action against non-cooperative employers for non-compliance with income withholding orders.
- Evaluate cases for closure applying Federal closure criteria. Complete closure process.
- Work with clients, employers, attorneys, and others to effectively enforce orders of support, without taking legal action.
- Provide quality customer service, including but not limited to active listening, analysis of disputes, dealing maturely with angry customers, resolving disputes fairly, and taking responsibility for errors or other shortcomings in services which customers should reasonably expect.
- Maintain familiarity with laws, rules, regulations and policies governing support to adequately address questions and concerns of customers short of offering legal advice.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Bachelor’s Degree, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ABILITIES TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment including computer terminal, printer, copier, calculator, telephone, voice mail, etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate decimals and percents.
- Ability to use a keyboard and mouse within a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with PACSES, the statewide computerized child support system.
LANGUAGE ABILITY AND INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION:
- Ability to comprehend and interpret a variety of documents including attendance records, statistical reports, Procedural Rules, statutes, regulations, policy and procedural instructions and memoranda, etc.
- Ability to prepare a variety of documents including various oral and written reports, using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Ability to record and deliver information, explain procedures, and follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, conference officers, hearing officers, legal counsel, judges, employers, staff of other agencies orally and in writing.
- Ability to use and impose enforcement tools in a mature and reasonable manner.
- Ability work effectively in an office environment.
Westmoreland County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.